How can I get KDE to leave the background alone?

yourself sl4rtyb4rtf4st_2 at yahoo.gr
Thu Feb 3 23:48:56 GMT 2005

A carbon-based lifeform named stan wrote:
> I'm trying to convert from Gnome (1.4) to KDE (3.7).

Jesus.
Gnome 1.4... Was I even _born_ back then? :-)
KDE 3.7, eh? Maybe you've met my kids who aren't even born yet :-)

> In Gnome, I have a perl script that is started up with the equivelant of
> autorun. It then selects a random iamge from a directory of images, and
> uses xv to set the root X window to that image. Works like a charm.
>
> I've tried several things to try to get KDE to emualte this behavior, but I
> cna't seem to figure out how to get it to just leave the background
> untouched. Is this possible? If not, I'll follow up with another question
> about how to change the behavior of the closest thing I've foundin KDE.
>
> Thanks.

Joking apart, if you select "configure desktop", go to background, and then
select "Slide Show", you have your behaviour! Of course, this applies to
3.3.2, i don't know about others....

have fun

--
yourself

The day Microsoft builds something that doesn't suck is the day they build a
vacuum cleaner