KDE hangs in mid login after upgrade to 3.4

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Wed Dec 28 00:03:15 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 15:55 -0800, Ross Boylan wrote:

> Things work OK with a new user.
> The new user doesn't have sound, and it seems my sound system isn't
> working in a way that has nothing to do with KDE or aRTS (it's ALSA on a
> linux 2.4 kernel).  I can live without the sound.
Sorry; the preceding had too many negatives to be clear.  Sound is not
working and it's not KDE or aRTS's fault (apparently).  It's the
lower-level, ALSA, that's not working.  This is odd, because it was at
one point and I don't think I've changed my kernel.  Perhaps the higher
level libraries have changed.