(Konqueror and ISP's webrowsers support) and (KMail support and ISP's.)

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Dec 26 15:21:47 GMT 2005

On Saturday 24 December 2005 19:44, JACKIE AINSWORTH wrote:

> For us newbies: What does it mean "YOUR WEBROWSER MAY NOT BE FULLY
> SUPPORTED" ?
> 1) Who or what is partially supported?  Who or what only provides
> partial support?

Not all functionality might work

> 2) Why would only partial support be offered?

Because it is usually better to offer something than nothing at all

> 3) Why would a webrowser {like KONQ} only be designed to be partially
> supportable or not supportable at all?

It might not have everything implemented yet that is needed by the site.
Or the site might not yet have been updated to recognize a new browser
correctly

> KMail Configuration for our new googlemail.com account:-
> 5) Does Kmail require support in the way that a webrowser requires support?

No, they use standard POP3 and SMTP

> we cannot access our googlemail account at all from KMail which pops
> up with a message: " mail.google.com is unknown host"   (We suspect

Are you sure this is the correct server address?

My GMail account uses pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com
First using SSL encryption with plain text login, second one is using TLS
encryption also with plain text login.

Cheers,
Kevin

--