Konqueror very slow

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Dec 9 11:24:43 GMT 2005

Justin
I can't do that as it's a zoom adsl x5 everything is  combined in one box. I
have tried the hard reset button which is guaranteed to restore factory
defaults which is how the unit has worked for about 2years. I do have a
defunct dsl modem that was reprogrammed by some one on the net. The x5 can
only be reprogrammed from the PC and that needs a password as far as I am
aware. The x5 is a nice unit. It tells me the following.
				Upstream	Downstream
Signal To Noise		31.0		26.6		dB
Line Attenuation		5.5			11.8		dB
Errored Seconds		0			0
Loss Of Signal		0			0
Loss Of Frame		0			0
CRC Errors			0			0
Data Rate			288			2272	kbps
Latency				Fast			Fast

It accumulates errors indefinitely. Speed tests range from 750 to 960 kbps
which is ok as tiscali do say up to 1mbps
I use a 100mbps network card to talk to it. Can't see any problem there
either.
I believe that the x5 determines the dns servers itself automatically but
programming them in makes no difference.

HELP
John