kde-3.5 and recognising jpg's

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 8 15:23:48 GMT 2005

Rick Miles wrote:

> Philip Rodrigues is a darn nice person I don't care what anybody says!

Why thank you :-).

>> Look in konqueror, settings->configure konqueror->file associations. In
>> the tree view, do you have image/jpeg?
> Yes

OK, looks like you have the mimetype installed.
>> If they do exist, there are some other possible steps to try.
> I'm all ears.

Some other things to try for diagnosis purposes:
1. Mouseover a JPEG image in konqueror. Does the statusbar say something
like "JPEG image"?
2. Try opening a JPEG image in a few different apps, both KDE and non-KDE.
For KDE apps, you might have to manually open them with something like
"kuickshow /path/to/file.jpg".
3. In konqueror's file associations (where you found image/jpeg previously),
take a look at the apps associated with the file type. Are there any? What
does the embedding tab say?

Regards,
Philip