kde-3.5 and recognising jpg's

Rick Miles rickfrm at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 8 13:20:57 GMT 2005

Philip Rodrigues is a darn nice person I don't care what anybody says!
<snip>
> Look in konqueror, settings->configure konqueror->file associations. In the
> tree view, do you have image/jpeg?
Yes
> If that doesn't exist, look in
> $KDEDIR/share/mimelnk/image for jpeg.desktop
It is there.
> (you can find the value of
> $KDEDIR with the command "kde-config --prefix"). If those don't exist, your
> installation is presumably broken somehow.
>
> If they do exist, there are some other possible steps to try.
I'm all ears.

What bafles me is that this happened without my making any changes to
configuration. What is required by kde to read jpg's? Maybe I'll have to
start from there and see what I can.

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Movement stopped is no movement,
and rest set in motion is no rest.

Written on Pungenday, the 51st of The Aftermath, 3171
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~rickfrm/