kde-3.5 and recognising jpg's

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 8 12:42:45 GMT 2005

Rick Miles wrote:

> I have a slackware-10.2 system with kde-3.5 with slackware packages from
> the kde mirror. Any suggestions on this problem ill be most appreciated
>
> It seems as if I have just lost the ability to have kde recognise jpg
> files but why? I have not changed anything on the system or
> installed/removed any libraries or software.

Look in konqueror, settings->configure konqueror->file associations. In the
tree view, do you have image/jpeg? If that doesn't exist, look in
$KDEDIR/share/mimelnk/image for jpeg.desktop (you can find the value of
$KDEDIR with the command "kde-config --prefix"). If those don't exist, your
installation is presumably broken somehow.

If they do exist, there are some other possible steps to try.

Regards,
Philip