Konqueror very slow

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:57:27 GMT 2005

Could be your DNS.
goto speakeasy.net and run their java test they should have one for your
region.
If your download time is fast than it is likely a DNS issue. Do you perform
your own look-ups or is your ISP handeling that? Also, what are your ping
times.

you at yourhost$ ping google.com -c 10

On 12/5/05, John <john_82 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello All
> My machine has started downloading web pages very slowly. A page like
> tiscali.co.uk takes 2 to 3 mins. KMail also takes about 2 mins to check
> for
> mail on 4 addresses. I've tried the line and router  on a windoze machine
> and
> all is ok.
> Any thoughts anybody? I have had this sort of thing happen before but not
> so
> bad and a simple reboot has cured it but not this time. Even forcing a re
> connect to the isp (Tiscali) has no effect. Bit rate tests give about 960K
> but the tiscali home page for instance hangs for a long time with a blank
> page showing 22 of 24 images eventually loads them and then hangs on the
> next
> batch etc. This email will take about 1min to transmit.
>
> Suse 9.0,  9gig free disc space,  kde 3.1.4
>
> Regards and Thanks (I hope)
> John

Got Gentoo?

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                -- Mark Twain