Konqueror very slow

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 17:13:35 GMT 2005

Hello All
My machine has started downloading web pages very slowly. A page like
tiscali.co.uk takes 2 to 3 mins. KMail also takes about 2 mins to check for
mail on 4 addresses. I've tried the line and router  on a windoze machine and
all is ok.
Any thoughts anybody? I have had this sort of thing happen before but not so
bad and a simple reboot has cured it but not this time. Even forcing a re
connect to the isp (Tiscali) has no effect. Bit rate tests give about 960K
but the tiscali home page for instance hangs for a long time with a blank
page showing 22 of 24 images eventually loads them and then hangs on the next
batch etc. This email will take about 1min to transmit.

Suse 9.0,  9gig free disc space,  kde 3.1.4

Regards and Thanks (I hope)
John