Konqueror very slow

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 01:53:32 GMT 2005

Thanks for the reply but I have allready checked that out. It's all as it has
been since I installed suse. The config file points to my router and that
uses my isp. The address look up time is reasonable/slightly slow. It's the
actual page download time that takes ages. Also why would my email delivery
checks take maybe 30 or 40 secs each even when there is no mail? It usually
takes seconds.
The symptoms are taking tiscali.co.uk as an example from any other web page.
Page goes blank after a short delay.
Status at the bottom goes up to something like 22 of 24 images loaded.
Hangs for a while.
Gets the other 2 images and starts on the next batch
Hangs for a while short of the total again.
   and so on until most of the page displays.
Remaining parts of page loaded and displayed.
The whole thing taking nearly 2mins. Any sort of page takes ages. Google or
mostly text pages were ok but that has now slowed down since my initial email
on the subject.
I initially thought that this was a line problem but now doubt that as the
windoze machine seems ok if a little slow but then it's a celeron laptop
running XP. Have also got tiscali to check the line out.
Looks to me as if my machine is limiting the download rate/chunk size but no
idea why. The baud rate is ok. As I said it has done this before but a reboot
sorted it out.
I've also cleared the cache and cookies.

--- google.com ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 64188ms

Googles address was resolved instantaneously.

Hope there are some more thoughts out there!
Regards John