ion2 and KDE (kontact) issues

Johannes Graumann graumann at caltech.edu
Wed Aug 24 19:34:49 BST 2005

Hello,

For quite some while now I'm happily using ion2 on my debian unstable
system. Motivated by KDE's per contact crypto preferences I am
investigating kontact as an alternative to evolution, which I was running
so far. I now have the problem that the components of kontact (the failure
of interaction between kaddressbook and kmail being especially painful)
don't seem to see each other. The prevalent error seems to be:

kresources: ERROR: DCOP error: Can't connect to KMail

Does anybody here have experience with fixing this issue?

Thanks for any help, Joh

| Johannes Graumann, Dipl. Biol.                                       |
|       Graduate Student                Tel.: ++1 (626) 395 6602       |
|       Deshaies Lab                    Fax.: ++1 (626) 395 5739       |
|       Department of Biology                                          |
|       CALTECH, M/C 156-29                                            |
|       1200 E. California Blvd.                                       |
|       Pasadena, CA 91125                                             |
|       USA                                                            |