ion2 and KDE (kontact) issues

Johannes Graumann graumann at caltech.edu
Wed Aug 24 19:57:01 BST 2005

Thanks for thinking about this.

Running 'dcopserver' yields:
> ---------------------------------
> It looks like dcopserver is already running. If you are sure
> that it is not already running, remove /home/USER/.DCOPserver_iluvatar__0
> and start dcopserver again.
> ---------------------------------
which seems to imply that dcopserver is running.
Non the less following the proposal of the program
('rm /home/USER/.DCOPserver_iluvatar__0') and restarting kontact yields the
following error:
"Could not start process for newimaps."

Any further insights?

Joh

Re: ion2 and KDE (kontact) issues
 Date: Today 11:37:05
 From: Keith Willoughby <keith.willoughby at gmail.com>
 To: graumann at its.caltech.edu
 Reply to: keith at flat222.org

On 24/08/05, Johannes Graumann <graumann at its.caltech.edu> wrote:

> kresources: ERROR: DCOP error: Can't connect to KMail
>
> Does anybody here have experience with fixing this issue?

I'd try running `dcopserver` in a terminal, and seeing what it says.
(Either "already running", "error" or nothing, at a guess. If it says
nothing, then try running Kontact again)

Johannes Graumann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For quite some while now I'm happily using ion2 on my debian unstable
> system. Motivated by KDE's per contact crypto preferences I am
> investigating kontact as an alternative to evolution, which I was running
> so far. I now have the problem that the components of kontact (the failure
> of interaction between kaddressbook and kmail being especially painful)
> don't seem to see each other. The prevalent error seems to be:
>
> kresources: ERROR: DCOP error: Can't connect to KMail
>
> Does anybody here have experience with fixing this issue?
>
> Thanks for any help, Joh

| Johannes Graumann, Dipl. Biol.                                       |
|       Graduate Student                Tel.: ++1 (626) 395 6602       |
|       Deshaies Lab                    Fax.: ++1 (626) 395 5739       |
|       Department of Biology                                          |
|       CALTECH, M/C 156-29                                            |
|       1200 E. California Blvd.                                       |
|       Pasadena, CA 91125                                             |
|       USA                                                            |