Firefox

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at comcast.net
Sat Apr 16 17:44:10 BST 2005

On Saturday 16 April 2005 08:10 am, John wrote:
> Hi
> I have ran the firefox installer but when I click on firefox-bin which I
> think is the exicutable (or click on any other file) I get a kde "sorry
> can't find file ---- " message. I installed as per the firefox instruction
> and all files are in a directory off my desktop. Can any one help?
> I also tried to run it with file manager and got a "do you really want to
> run this file" clicking yes just produced the same can't find file message.
>
> Regards
> John

One of the problems sounds like you installed it to your desktop.  I would be
almost certain that its having a hard time finding the files because your
desktop is under a "hidden" directory.  I would run the installer again, as
root (so it can copy some files to the /usr/bin directory if it needs to) and
put it somewhere like /opt/firefox or /usr/local/firefox etc.)
Of Course, I could be reading this completely wrong, and in such a case just
ignore me :-D.

--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.