Firefox

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 16:02:27 BST 2005

Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't seem to be the problem.
KDE comes up with the error message "Couldn't find the program <NAME>" where
<NAME> is the name of the file I have clicked on. The only one that runs is
the firefox installer's shell script. I'm not too hot on shell scripts but
firfox script appears to work from the . directory which should mean that it
will run where ever it's installed. I have had reason to suspect some sort of
parameter passing problem in kde with mouse clicks before. Path length /
working directory ????
So:
I have just got it to run by creating a link and working directory etc with
the kde menu editor. It  does run from the menu so why doesn't it run from a
click?

Regards
John