device icons on the desktop

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 3 19:26:28 BST 2005

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 01:48 pm, Manojav Sridhar wrote:
> how to define stuff as hard disks and others are
> removeable media

Can you clarify this? I didn't know what a rio forge was so I did a search and
it showed they are a line of flash-based mp3 players extensible with standard
camera memory sticks in which case they should show up as removeable media.
Are you saying it is a hard disk like the i-pod?  In any case if it plugs
into the USB port I would look to see that it and its id numbers are listed
in the etc/hotplug/usb.usermap file.

--
regards,
andrew