Simple Text Editor gone after upgrade to 3.3

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Wed Sep 29 04:18:09 BST 2004

On September 29, 2004 11:13 am, Jessica Hall wrote:
> I have a 500Mhz  laptop with 128mb memory and kedit launches in 1 second,
> kwrite in 2. I think you have some serious configuration problems, probably
> to do with your upgrade. To address the actual point of your query, kedit

Weird. In fact, Kedit and KWrite have opened this slowly since upgrading to
FC2 / KDE 3.2x. It is *not* just since upgrading to KDE 3.3.

"Serious configuration problems" would be a welcome relief, since I really
like KDE, but have always found irritating pauses on my system.

> is still present in a default 3.3 menu on my system. I suspect something
> has gone a little screwy with your system.

Thanks! Maybe some day I'll backup data, wipe and install SuSE and KDE or some
other combo that may be a bit more well behaved than FC2 / KDE is.

Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com