pixmaps on rekall

neil lewis neil at gibsonsphoto.worldonline.co.uk
Sun Sep 12 18:14:11 BST 2004

I've just started experimenting with using rekall/mysql on suse-9.1 and
while I have no problem setting up tables and forms generally, I can't
see how to get a pixmap to display on a form using a path generated from
 information held in the database.

I want to be able to show a pixmap on a form which relates to the
personal data - ie an image of a person referred to in the record.
I envisage the pixmaps (as jpgs) into a directory on  my server. Each
image would then be identified by the name of the individual depicted.
That way, the pixmap could be displayed by referring to the path to the
server directory and appending the name of the person and ".jpg".

Temporarily, I've set up a table consisting of fields for just the
record id (integer, primary key), path (varchar) and a form displaying
this data and a pixmap object.

For the pixmap object, I've tried inserting the field name for the path
in the "display data" property. I've also tried inserting the path
manually into the same property. So far, I haven't been able to get any
image to display.

When using a graphic object, there's no problem with displaying the
image, but of course it is fixed and not related to the data.

Any help would be much appreciated.