kde 3.3 anything crashes

Julius julius.junghans at gmx.de
Tue Sep 14 16:03:18 BST 2004

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:55:34 +0200
drumfighter <drumfighter at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Hi, ya all list.
> help I'm running Gentoo from little time but anything usually went good.
> Well this morning I upgraded kde from 3.2.3 to 3.3 and kicker, kontact, and
> much more continue to crash.
> any know patch?
> should I downgrade my installation ( is it possible?) help me please
> Tnx Rob

There are some hints in the faq that may help, deleting old dirs and things like that.
since i got the same problem check your /etc/hosts if its in the form:

ip host.domain.com host

im not sure what i did to get kde up, but youre not the only one with this üproblem there are quite some posts on the mailing list regarding this topic.

Regards
Julius