No KDE 3.3 from Mandrake?

Alex Nordstrom alexander.nordstromDONT_CC_ME at tpg.com.au
Mon Sep 6 09:05:03 BST 2004

On Monday, 6 Sep 2004 11:54, Zé wrote:
> Em Segunda, 6 de Setembro de 2004 04:18, o Alex Nordstrom escreveu:
> > From the INSTALL file in the kdebase source archive:
> > > By default, `make install' will install the package's files in
> > > `/usr/local/kde/bin', `/usr/local/kde/lib', etc.  You can specify
> > > an installation prefix other than `/usr/local/kde' by giving
> > > `configure' the option `--prefix=PATH'.
>
> really?!?
> first read the documentation

That *is* the documentation.

> was me who was hostile?

Yes, dismissing a valid point with ad hominem assertions is generally
considered impolite, at least where I am from. Let me remind you that
you do not know me; making assertions about what is "just like" me is
presumptuous and arrogant.

> and help from me? you just did criticise,

I brought to attention the fact that compromising the integrity of the
package management system will result in an inconsistent setup. That is
not criticising you as a person (unlike what you just did); it is
trying to inform you that the method you are using may be the cause of
many of your problems -- mix files of incompatible versions and all
bets are off.

> and for what i see i know more than you.

You are way, way out of line with your presumptuous pissing contest
here. How much people know (disregarding the problems of quantifying
that) is generally a product of their willingness to learn and their
age, and what they know generally depends on their interests and
experiences. I am sure there are many things you know that I do not.
Similarly, I know many things that you do not. I fail to see the
relevance of that, though.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/