The right way to run konqueror ?

Larry Howe larry.howe at comjet.com
Mon Oct 11 14:28:05 BST 2004

Quoting Mikhail Ramendik <mr at ramendik.ru>:

> Hello,
>
> I have kde 3.2.2 .
>
> I am not using it as the desktop environment. But I use Konqueror as my
> Web browser (becuse of the "Images" button).
>
> Currently, my email and icq clients are set to open urls with "konqueror
> %s". This works, but is rather slow.
>
> I would like, instead, to preload Konqueror at startup, and to pass new
> URLs to it. I think I read somewhere that it is possible. How can I do
> this?
>
> Yours, Mikhail Ramendik

I have KDE 3.2.1, but it should be similar. If I open Konqueror and do Settings
/ Configure Konqueror / Web behavior / Advanced there is an option for "Open
links in new tab when called externally". There are some other options you may
want to set here such as whether such links load in the background or
foreground. This assumes you are using Tabbed Browsing which, if you are not
familiar with it, I would highly recommend that you try it.

Larry