The right way to run konqueror ?

Rikard Johnels rikjoh at norweb.se
Mon Oct 11 14:25:53 BST 2004

On Monday 11 October 2004 14.57, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have kde 3.2.2 .
>
> I am not using it as the desktop environment. But I use Konqueror as my
> Web browser (becuse of the "Images" button).
>
> Currently, my email and icq clients are set to open urls with "konqueror
> %s". This works, but is rather slow.
>
> I would like, instead, to preload Konqueror at startup, and to pass new
> URLs to it. I think I read somewhere that it is possible. How can I do
> this?
>
> Yours, Mikhail Ramendik

Havent tried it myself, but as it seems, at least parts of your request is
feasible:
In Konqueror:

Settings -> Configure Konqueror -> Web behavior ->
Advanced options -> Open tabs in existing Konqueror when URL is called
externally

As for the prestart; Don't know if it works "outside" KDE, but

Settings -> Configure Konqueror -> Performance -> Preload an instance after
KDE startup.

--
         /Rikard

Rikard Johnels          email   : rikjoh at norweb.se
                        Web     : http://www.rikjoh.com
                        Mob     : +46 735 05 51 01

< 15 28 DF 78 67 98 B2 16 1F D3 FD C5 59 D4 B6 78  46 1C EE 56 >