Can I display Chinese character filenemes in an English-localised KFM?

John Layt johnlayt1 at yahoo.co.nz
Sat Oct 2 09:44:46 BST 2004

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 14:07, Glenn Alexander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use KFM in English and my partner in Chinese. When I transfer files
> from her home directory to mine, I can only see gobbledygook
> characters for filenames. Can I make my English-localised KFM display
> these as Chinese chars without changing to a Chinese language
> environment?

Just to clarify, you're sharing the same PC with a full set of Chinese fonts
and locale files installed, just seperate users with different default
locales?  Or are you using seperate PC's?  If the latter, try installing all
the same fonts and locales on your machine, but keep your en locale.

Also, what file system are you using?  What are the settings for
internationalisation/encoding for it?  And which distribution?

Cheers!

John.

P.S. Go the 'Gong!