Missing fonts when upgrading to qt-3.3.3/kde-3.3

John Nielsen knoglen at tele2.fr
Sun Nov 28 15:54:30 GMT 2004

Hi,

I just upgraded to qt-3.3.3 and kde-3.3.1 from 3.2 and saw to my horror that
most of my fonts were gone. Most notably the helvetica font which i use a lot
when reading web pages. In konqueror -> Settings -> Configure Konqueror ->
Fonts, the font list was filled in automaticly with kde-3.2. With kde-3.3,
only the first two font rows are filled in.

I appear to have lost all of the fixed sized fonts and only have the TTF and
Type1 fonts left.

I tried adding the missing fonts manually and it worked, but konqueror still
wont pick them up automaticly like it did before, and web page rendering is
still ugly.

I havent installed any special fonts other than the stuff that ships with
xorg, fontconfig, freetype and friends.

Has the qt/kde font handling changed between 3.2 and 3.3?

At this point, any RTFM pointers are most welcome. :-)

John