kwin (KDE 3.3) confused by multiple screens

fandino fandino at ng.fadesa.es
Mon Nov 15 15:11:37 GMT 2004

Hello,

  I'm using X.org 6.7.0 and KDE 3.3 with two video cards (xinerama
is not enabled) and I found an annoying behavior when multiple
screens are in use. With KDE 2.x it worked fine.

If I close full screen applications like mplayer, acroread
or konqueror the windows focus goes to the other screen, that
is an application in screen A returns the focus to screen B and
viceversa, then I have to find the mouse and click on one applicacion
in the initial screen to get the focus again and so by each time I close
something. This makes think that the culprit is kwin.

Also, I did a fresh install (rm -rf ~/.kde*) and the problem persists.

I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me how to I can solve this?

Thank you.