All KDE apps crash : So called solution

Andreas Pour pour at mieterra.com
Thu Nov 11 00:39:47 GMT 2004

Guillaume CABUZEL wrote:

[ ... ]

> On the minus side I don't understand how a Theme change can break that
> badly KDE applications (memory leak from a Theme ??? how can this even
> happen ???, a theme are images and fonts no ???).

BlueCurve / Crystal are actually styles and are written in C++.

> I do not have time to investigate, and have choosen to deflect the
> blame on RedHat, rather than KDE.

RedHat is the creator of the BlueCurve style.  They also do not support
KDE very well.  You might try Mandrake 10.2 or the new Novell Desktop 9,
both just came out.  If you are using Japanese you might also try
HancomLinux (http://www.haansoft.com/).

[ ... ]

Ciao,

Dre