Missing GLX extension

Nick THOMPSON nickthompson at agere.com
Thu Nov 11 13:56:22 GMT 2004

Hi all,

Is there anyway to compile QT and KDE so that GLX can be used if it
available, but is _silently_ ignored if its not there? Although I have
GLX installed on my box, other users here are using VNC to access Linux,
which doesn't have a GLX extension. Many non-3D KDE applications warn at
startup that the the GLX extension is not present. No big deal as the
apps still run, but the spurious output causes all sorts of head aches
in scripts and other applications that use KDE apps and report back
stuff from stderr and stdout.

Thanks,
Nick.