Can't run KDE 3.2 on Fedora Core 1

Jonathan Rawle jr36 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed May 26 10:25:34 BST 2004

Tron Thomas wrote:

> I then tried "rpm -Fvh *.rpm" to perform the upgrade, and I received a
> message telling me that one of the components in koffice conflicted with
> one of the components I was trying to installed.  I never use koffice so
> I didn't care about the conflict.  I tried "rpm --replacefiles -Fvh
> *.rpm".  This allowed all the packages to install.

This will just get you into a mess! Some package names have changes, with
some packages being split others merged, etc.

It's best to remove the old kde packages then install the new ones.

Have a look at a posting I made in comp.windows.x.kde a while ago

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=c1vqve%241o8mkf%241%40ID-213984.news.uni-berlin.de

Jonathan