KDE 3.2.2 - X-KDE-BaseGroup

Sebastian Kotyrba skoty.Olpe at gmx.de
Wed May 26 10:44:49 BST 2004

Hello,

i installed kde3.2.2 on my SuSE 9.0 with rpm's (all RPMs from kde.org)
that's work fine, no problems no errors

now i trie start kde

starts without problems, but
- the kde-menu is empty
- right-klick on the menu -> edit doesn't work
- kcontrol is empty an when i start kcontroll from console, i get this:

<- SNIPP
koty at koty:~> kcontrol
kcontrol: WARNING: No K menu group with X-KDE-BaseGroup=settings found !
Defaulting to Settings/
koty at koty:~>
SNAPP ->

I googeld around and found some other people with the same problem, but
their work-arounds (like rm -r /home/koty/.kde and restart kde) doesn't work
by me.

i don't get any errors in logs (messages or XFree)

now i need help and hoppe to find it here,
have someone a suggestion ??

koty