Konqueror/Java Applets/Servlet Session Cookies - Something not right

John Morris john-h-morris at charter.net
Thu May 20 06:26:55 BST 2004

In partial response to my own question.. more information

The session cookies are definitely being dropped. When requesting a web
page, the request looks like:

GET /test/servlet/serv?yadda+yadda HTTP/1.1
Connection: Keep-Alive
Host: mars:8180
Cookie: JSESSIONID=53A38D13CF523DE55D5BD79BDE9BC734

In the page served by this request, the java applet request a picture
and the request looks like this:

GET /test/html/images/testpic.jpg HTTP/1.1
Host: mars:8180
Accept: text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2
Connection: keep-alive

In the case of Mozilla, other browsers (and previous Konqueror
revisions), the "Cookie:" line appears in the request made from the java
applet.

I don't want to modify the behavior of my applet just in the case of
Konqueror.. is there a fix for this?

Regards,

John Morris