Konqueror/Java Applets/Servlet Session Cookies - Something not right

John Morris john-h-morris at charter.net
Thu May 20 04:30:20 BST 2004

Hello,

  I am just starting to debug a problem I am having with Konqueror and
Java applets.

  I am using Mandrake 10.0, Linux kernel 2.6.3-4mdk, KDE 3.2 and Suns
J2SDK 1.4.2

  I originally developed an applet while using KDE 3.0x and it worked
fine at that time. At some point in the last year my applet stopped
working on Konqueror. Since I didn't have time to debug Konqueror, for
the last few months have been testing my applet enhancements using
Mozilla.

  At this point, I'm trying to find out why my applet won't work with
Konqueror. I have a servlet based server application which works fine
with Konqueror for most plain html pages (so I know that Session Cookies
are working) but then I load the page with my applet, and the applet
will try to gather more information from the server which sent the
applet, and the applet cannot get information because when it requests
it's data, the request no longer contains the session data.

  Boiling it down, the applet requests more information from the server,
but the request doesn't contain the same session info that a native
Konqueror request would have. This was not the case in the past, and is
not the case with other browsers. Is this a known problem? is there a
work-around?

Regards,

John Morris