Multilingual KDE

Jim MacLeod j75trym at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 4 23:01:51 BST 2004

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 22:20, Heberto del Rio wrote:
> How can I configure KDE 3.1.1 to be able to correctly display files with
> charset ISO8859-1 while the standard language is US_English. I will display
> these files not only with KDE apps. I have installed glibc-locale. Using
> KControl in the LOcale tab, if I try to change the Country to Mexico (which
> I do not know if I want to do) the only language available is US_English!!!

There are language files that you install and can then use in the Locale tab.
I use SuSE and the files are in the Internationalisation folder on their UK
mirror, with names starting kde3-i18n....etc. Even in the UK the only
language available by default is US_English!

> In any case is it possible to have a bilingual KDE setup?
I believe that you can start a second session under the same user and then
have a totally different set-up for each one but I cannot remember where I
read how to do this - sorry. Obviously the simplest is to set up another
user, but that's not really what you intended, I guess.

> Heberto
Jim