Disabling desktop icon auto-spacing?

Chad Robinson crj at lucubration.com
Thu May 6 16:42:59 BST 2004

I've lived with this feature for a while and liked it initially because it was
different, but now it has become extremely irritating. KDE keeps moving my
icons around every time I save a file in a Web browser or drag something
around my desktop. I would still like to have a placement grid, but is there
any way I can disable the magic resizing, and just use a fixed-size grid? I
don't see anything in the control center to do this.

Regards,
Chad