KGet/KPPP Question

Rainer Wirtz rainer.wirtz at gmx.de
Mon Mar 29 17:58:58 BST 2004

Am Montag, 29. März 2004 11:43 schrieb James Richard Tyrer:

> In KGet on the: "Connection" tab check all three: "Reconnect Options" but
> it doesn't seem to be as tenacious as WGet.

It simply doesn't work at all in kde 3.2.1 (and earlier). In CVS, kget does
reconnect when a connection  to a server got lost (like, server not
responding), but your connection to the internet is still working.
However, when kget detects a lost internet connection, it switches all running
transfers to "delayed" and they are _not_ resumed when the connection is
reestablished (see Bug 73638).
I've send in a patch that fixes this, but got no reaction so far.
Until then, in case you compile yourself, a quick'n'dirty (TM) fix would be:

In file "transfer.cpp" around line 740. In function "void
Transfer::slotExecPause()"
replace the line
    mode = MD_DELAYED;
with
    mode = MD_QUEUED;

With this, running downloads get queued when the connection is lost.
Note that this changes the behaviour of the "Pause" button.

Rainer