Konqi & Java WebStart

Nicholas Sushkin nsushkin at sushkins.net
Tue Mar 2 22:35:29 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 06:00, you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Did anybody succeed getting Java WebStart to work with konqi? I have set jnlp mime type and assigned it to javawsbin binary but clicking
> on any webstart link does not seem to effect with application start (but konqi asks whether it should save target file or run it with javawsbin).
> I can't see any jawawsbin activity (no process running) and there is no error message comming from konqi :( Can anybody help to get it running?
>
> regards
> Marcin Palka

I have it working with KDE 3.1. In Konqueror Settings/File Associations
I created an entry in the application tree:

x-java-jnlp-file
- Filename patterns: *.jnlp
- Applicaiton Preference Order: javaws

Make sure that your web server generates proper mime-type for jnlp files.

It seems to work for me. That is, a Webstart app is started when I click on a jnlp URL.
--
Nick