Konquerer/Desktop/Icon Question

Nick Cross kde at goots.org
Tue Jun 15 15:05:54 BST 2004

Following up myself.....

Just figured it out - left my mouse pointer over the icons and up pops a
preview - and then I found this message about preview file sizes
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde&m=105203828731126&w=2

Very neat :-)

It does seem to be a little temperamental; I have two PDF's:
-rw-r--r--  1 rnc rnc 2715201 Jun  7 14:02 rtsj-V1.0.pdf
-rw-r--r--  1 rnc rnc  167008 Jun 15 12:06 Scarab.pdf
in my Desktop folder, with the maximum file preview size set to 3MB. Only
rtsj-V1.0.pdf is previewed - any ideas? (especially on how to get more helpful
information :-) )

Secondly the tooltip does not pop up over the Desktop icons unless I do a show
desktop, effectively removing focus from the current window.

Is there any way of getting round this?
Or, overriding for that directory(Desktop) and disabling the previews?

Finally (!) is there any documentation anywhere on what
ConfigureDesktop/Components/FileManager/Previews&MetaData protocols are? Some
are obvious e.g. smb but for e.g. Local Protocols man/programs etc its not clear
to me what they affect.

Cheers,

Nick