Konquerer/Desktop/Icon Question

Nick Cross kde at goots.org
Mon Jun 14 19:04:11 BST 2004

Hi,

Having got my new computer I've just tried KDE again after a long while of using
IceWM - very impressed!

Got one minor quirk that I would be interested if people have seen before.

I have several PDF files; all placed in ~/Desktop (where I have configured the
KDE desktop files to live). Strangely although KDE recognises all of them as
PDFs and runs Acroread correctly (it is first in the application preference
order with kghostview second) they have all got different icons. One has the
acroread style PDF icon while as the others have text style icons.

Does anyone know why, for a single file type, the icons are not consistent - I
have tried changing via the properties to no avail.

Cheers,

Nick