Spyware search/destroy for Linux?

Scott Holder ncc1701 at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 5 03:36:33 BST 2004

Chad Robinson wrote:
> Spyware? What spyware? There's spyware for Linux?
>
> =)
>
> It's too much of a pain in the rear to be worth making spyware for
> Linux, and the people you'd be targeting are the most likely to a)
> discover your intentions and b) stop them. The Windows market is so
> lucrative that it'll probably be a long while before you encounter this.
> And because solution SOLVER people (like spyware search/destroy) follow
> PROBLEMS you won't find spyware removal tools until there's spyware to
> remove.
>
> -Chad

There might be some worth to a Linux spyware remover capable of scanning
and cleaning a Windows partition, like some Linux virus scanners do.
There are some spywares that make it very difficult to remove while
Windows is running, and last I checked there weren't any spyware
removers for pure DOS (which is barely an option for NT4/2k/XP users
anyway).

Actually, I'd probably trust such a program rather more than one running
in Windows, you never know what little hidey holes and nooks stuff can
be hiding in while Windows is running. I suppose it's neither here nor
there as far as KDE is concerned though.

Scott Holder