Spyware search/destroy for Linux?

Chad Robinson crj at lucubration.com
Fri Jun 4 22:47:09 BST 2004

Jim Bailey wrote:
> Is there a spyware search/destroy for Linux?  I could neither contact Spybot
> nor find anything on Linux at their web-site.
>
> I'm using Mandrake 9.2, KDE 3.1.3, Konqueror 3.1.4, Kmail 1.5.3

Spyware? What spyware? There's spyware for Linux?

=)

It's too much of a pain in the rear to be worth making spyware for Linux, and
the people you'd be targeting are the most likely to a) discover your
intentions and b) stop them. The Windows market is so lucrative that it'll
probably be a long while before you encounter this. And because solution
SOLVER people (like spyware search/destroy) follow PROBLEMS you won't find
spyware removal tools until there's spyware to remove.

-Chad