please help

Marc Heyvaert marc_heyvaert at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 14:09:20 BST 2004

Hello,

This is a bit off-topic, I believe as we normally
don't even try to support particular distributions.
But as I am a SuSE 8.2 user myself...here we go.

--- Lic. Héctor Carlos Díaz <hcdiaz at speedy.com.ar>
wrote:
> I downloaded all KDE 3.2 rpm files from ftp site to
> folder
> but I don't know how to make de upgrade

Change the source for your Software Installation. (It
is a menuitem in the SuSE work menu). ADD the folder
in which you downloaded the rpm's.

Now start Yast chose the option to Add Software
Packages. Yast wil now find the rpm's that you
downloaded and mark the possible upgrades in blue.
Click those to chose for an upgrade, no need to remove
the older packages first. Be sure not to miss any
package. Have a look at the dependencies. If there are
important dependency issues, download some more
packages or install some from your CD's or DVD first.
Repeat the process if needed. If all is ok you can hit
the Accept button and all will be installed for you.

Hope this helps

Marc