Websites that don't work in Konqueror (was: Where to report sites that render bad in konqueror?)

Andrew Barr barr.156 at osu.edu
Wed Jun 2 20:24:23 BST 2004

I thought I'd jump in here seeing as there was a discussion about websites that Konqueror has a problem with...

I'm (still) having a problem with Huntington Online Banking (https://onlinebanking.huntington.com/). Yes, it uses JavaScript, and if you set the User Agent to IE it has problems (e.g. bug icon on the status bar). Otherwise, occassionally they warn you about an unsupported browser but they let you continue. The problem is entering my login info and pressing Login does nothing.

But here's the interesting part that I didn't know the first time I posted: Konqueror from KDE 3.1.4 (that shipped with Fedora Core 1) works. So something has changed between Konqueror 3.1.4 and Konqueror 3.2.2 (part of FC2 and the upgrade RPMs for FC1) that causes problems for this site. Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox don't have a problem.

This looks, feels, and smells like a bug but I didn't file one because I felt that since didn't know exactly what was going on that might not be the best course of action.

Keeping in tune with some of the posts, I have no idea whether the site works in Apple Safari, but the documentation of the web bank feature indicates they want you using Internet Explorer or Netscape (big suprise). Their browser check script (which just checks user agent, I think) doesn't have a problem with Mozilla, but probably because of its Netscape lineage.

Andrew

Another postcard, with chimpanzees / and every one is adressed to me.
		-- Barenaked Ladies, "Another Postcard"