Occasional weird crashes

Dik Takken D.H.J.Takken at phys.uu.nl
Sat Jul 24 22:08:31 BST 2004

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Janne Ojaniemi wrote:

> I occasionally experience weird crashes on my system. I wont have any
> backtraces and the like. First the specs of my system:

you can look in your "~/.xsession-errors" file, maybe the app gives some
useful distress messages before it goes boom.

Anyway, it's strange that you don't get a crash handler window. If you
have a specific application that crashes more often than others, you can
try always having gdb attached to it. When it crashes, you can see what
happened.