Occasional weird crashes

Janne Ojaniemi janne.ojaniemi at nbl.fi
Sun Jul 25 17:34:20 BST 2004

On Sunday 25 July 2004 00:08, Dik Takken wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Janne Ojaniemi wrote:
> > I occasionally experience weird crashes on my system. I wont have any
> > backtraces and the like. First the specs of my system:
>
> you can look in your "~/.xsession-errors" file, maybe the app gives some
> useful distress messages before it goes boom.

I looked there now. The erros were 99% about icons. Just about only exceptopn
was this:

QPainter::killPStack: non-empty save/restore stack when end() was called

Don't know if that's related to my crashes.

> Anyway, it's strange that you don't get a crash handler window. If you
> have a specific application that crashes more often than others, you can
> try always having gdb attached to it. When it crashes, you can see what
> happened.

I could try that. So far I have seen one Kwin crash, few Kicker-crashes and
couple of Kmail-crashes.