chars problems in kde (UTF8)

Ze mmodem00 at
Fri Jul 23 13:14:11 BST 2004

Em Sexta, 23 de Julho de 2004 09:05, o Dani Belz escreveu:
> On Thursday 22 July 2004 23:54, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > Zé wrote:
> > > I think i discover the problem, but i dont know how to solve it.
> > > My kde is in Portuguese (iso 8859-1) and happens some times in
> > > konqueror navigator, kmail, firefox, that appears some strange chars.
> > > So for example, in konqueror navigator in the first/welcome page, when
> > > should appear 'distribuição' it appears 'distribuição', where should
> > > appear 'últimos' appears 'últimos' and so on.
> > > And i resolve to see whats happening with the program KCharSekect, and
> > > when i choosed the letter 'ç' and copyed it to the clipboar as UTF8,
> > > and pasted it from the clipboard appeared this ç (all this done in the
> > > program KCharSelect).
> > > Now i copyed 'ç' to the clipboard and then pasted from the clipboard
> > > as UTF8, and voila, appeared again the correct letter that i first put,
> > > the letter 'ç'
> I had the same problem some days ago with SuSE 9.1. I solved the problem by
> editing /etc/sysconfig/language. I changed the value from
> RC_LANG="de_DE.UTF-8"
> to
> RC_LANG="de_DE.ISO-8859-1"
> Reboot and try again and have fun :)
> 	~ Dani

For the moment i have this solutioned, but this isnt really a solution cause 
the portuguese charset is iso8859-15 and not UTF8.
So i changed all charset in kde control panel to UTF8 and in the toolbar 
otions i choosed Auto and this way is working, but like i said this is not 
the solution. the problem continues there.
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management:
More info:

More information about the kde mailing list