chars problems in kde (UTF8)

Dani Belz kde at
Fri Jul 23 09:05:49 BST 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 23:54, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Zé wrote:
> > I think i discover the problem, but i dont know how to solve it.
> > My kde is in Portuguese (iso 8859-1) and happens some times in konqueror
> > navigator, kmail, firefox, that appears some strange chars.
> > So for example, in konqueror navigator in the first/welcome page, when
> > should appear 'distribuição' it appears 'distribuição', where should
> > appear 'últimos' appears 'últimos' and so on.
> > And i resolve to see whats happening with the program KCharSekect, and
> > when i choosed the letter 'ç' and copyed it to the clipboar as UTF8, and
> > pasted it from the clipboard appeared this ç (all this done in the
> > program KCharSelect).
> > Now i copyed 'ç' to the clipboard and then pasted from the clipboard as
> > UTF8, and voila, appeared again the correct letter that i first put, the
> > letter 'ç'

I had the same problem some days ago with SuSE 9.1. I solved the problem by 
editing /etc/sysconfig/language. I changed the value from

Reboot and try again and have fun :)
	~ Dani
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: signature
URL: <>
-------------- next part --------------
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management:
More info:

More information about the kde mailing list