chars problems in kde (UTF8)

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Jul 24 08:25:30 BST 2004

Ze wrote:
> For the moment i have this solutioned, but this isnt really a solution cause
> the portuguese charset is iso8859-15 and not UTF8.

This seems to be the problem.  Portuguese can use ISO8859-1, ISO8859-15, or
UTF8.  The only difference between ISO8859-1 and ISO8859-15 is that the latter
has the Euro "€" character available.  UTF8 is the 8 bit encoding of UniCode.
However in all cases if you display something with a character set different
from what it was produced with, you WILL have problems.

Now, if using this knowledge, you can please explain exactly what you are doing
and exactly what the problem is, we will try to provide further help.

--
JRT