chars problems in kde (UTF8)

mmodem00 at netvisao.pt
Fri Jul 23 00:10:11 BST 2004

Em Quinta, 22 de Julho de 2004 22:54, o James Richard Tyrer escreveu:
> Zé wrote:
> > I think i discover the problem, but i dont know how to solve it.
> > My kde is in Portuguese (iso 8859-1) and happens some times in konqueror
> > navigator, kmail, firefox, that appears some strange chars.
> > So for example, in konqueror navigator in the first/welcome page, when
> > should appear 'distribuição' it appears 'distribuição', where should
> > appear 'últimos' appears 'últimos' and so on.
> > And i resolve to see whats happening with the program KCharSekect, and
> > when i choosed the letter 'ç' and copyed it to the clipboar as UTF8, and
> > pasted it from the clipboard appeared this ç (all this done in the
> > program KCharSelect).
> > Now i copyed 'ç' to the clipboard and then pasted from the clipboard as
> > UTF8, and voila, appeared again the correct letter that i first put, the
> > letter 'ç'
> >
> > So what i concluded, the problem is encoding to UTF8 and from UTF8.
> >
> > What can be done to fix this to always appear the correct characters?
>
> How do you have:
>
> 	View -> Set Encoding
>
> Set?
>
> --
> JRT

All that you people say is nothing new to me, before i had in konqueror to
"use language encoding" but with that i have problems displayubg UTF8  fonts.
I see that no one can resolve this problem...anyway...
Believe me, i tried all options and the one who could resolve me this problem
was in firefox, kmail and konqueror set charset to UTF8, than i can choose
Auto that will all displayed ok.
i hope that in next version of kde this dont happens.

cheers,
zé