Cool new featuress for a new kde?!

Allen Wilkinson aw at apk.net
Sat Jul 17 14:32:46 BST 2004

I second Rikard's comments.

KDE has been high energy in making new features. But they have done so
much reinvention of the wheel that they have lost old good X-Window
functions and not used Unix and X-windows function that already do the
job while building a monstrously large and hard to administer (if a bug
or two is lurking as it always is and because admin constantly morphs in
significant ways between releases) desktop.

I think KDE needs more of MySQL's philosophy of development, performance
and efficiency is priority one and functions are added over more gradual
times without sacrificing that performance.

Allen
----
Address:

Allen Wilkinson                       (phone) (216) 382-7613
1036 Pembrook Road                    (work)  (216) 433-2075
Cleveland Heights, OH 44121  USA      (INTERNET) aw(at)apk(dot)net
+++++++
"Pluralism is the belief that all people have reasons for their beliefs.
We ought to assume, until proven otherwise, that the stranger conducts
her business on grounds that seem perfectly reasonable to her, and that
she is capable of explaining this to us. We ought to realize that our
own reasoning, like everyone else's, is fallible and unfinished."

Author Unknown