Cool new featuress for a new kde?!

Thujan tuxakka at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 17 21:02:09 BST 2004

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 09:32:46AM -0400, Allen Wilkinson wrote:
> I second Rikard's comments.
>
> KDE has been high energy in making new features. But they have done so
> much reinvention of the wheel that they have lost old good X-Window
> functions and not used Unix and X-windows function that already do the
> job while building a monstrously large and hard to administer (if a bug
> or two is lurking as it always is and because admin constantly morphs in
> significant ways between releases) desktop.
>
> On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Rikard Johnels wrote:
> >
> > Personally i rather go with a fast, reliable desktop then all those flashy
> > thingemagigs. Sure they are eyecatching, but whats the real use??
> > My own .02$ worth... :)

I disagree strongly!
I think Kde should be ultimate eye candy!
Because new desktop cpu(s) are most of the time in the idle anyway,
why not to use them display desktop?
Thinks get worst when everybody has 64bits with gigs of ram,
sure you can spare some of all that power to the desktop?
Linux is about choiche, if somebody wants spartan desktop why not
use fvwm2 or fluxbox?
And let the Kde and Gnome be full of eyecandy and features!
I red that Linus chose Kde, that is good enough for me.

--
best rgds
~tt