icon special variables for exec

Terry td3201 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 14:34:43 BST 2004

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 19:18:13 -0700, James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote:

> Terry wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I created an icon in a folder within KDE.  I named it foobar.   I gave
> > it an exec command line.  However, I want it to be something like
> > Exec=rdesktop -g 1280x1024 $0
> > where $0 is the name of the icon, foobar, like in shell.  How can I do
> > this?  Come to think of it, I could have it invoke a single shell
> > script and do my magic there but I guess it would be nice to know if
> > there are special variables for this type of function available.
>
> IIUC, $0 would give you rdesktop.  If that is what you want, use %i
>
> Otherwise:
>
>         Exec=rdesktop -g 1280x1024 --icon <icon>
>
> or
>
>         Exec=rdesktop -g 1280x1024  -- --icon <icon>
>
> --
> JRT

I don't want to set the icon or the name of it, i just want to read
it.  For example, I created a new 'Link to Application'.  I right
clicked this and did a rename and named it to 'foobar'.  I right click
on it again and go to properties.  I click on the application tab.  In
the command box, I want to put something like:
rdesktop -g 1280x1024 <SOMETHING>   where <SOMETHING> is a special
variable that contains the name of the object, in this case, 'foobar'.
  :)

Thanks for the help!
Terry