taskbar is empty / neither running programs nor desktops nor logout/lock screen displayed

Chris giftwrapuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 14:03:03 GMT 2004

Hi,

recently, I updated KDE to version 2.2.2. In the
beginning it worked but after a couple of restarts KDE
doesn't show any items in the taskbar anymore (except
the K-Menu, the items to start new programs and the
clock on the right). Especially, there are no items
for open windows (to switch between them), no buttons
to switch between the different virtual desktops
(their number is set to 4) and no buttons to log out
and to lock the screen. I have no idea where this
comes from. In the menu panel/preferences/taskbar all
5 options (Show all windows etc.) are turned on.

Can anybode help me? Thanks a lot!

Torsten